The current projects are underway
More than just a meal
Meals on Wheels is working with Nutrition and Catering Institute to undertake a project to
- Examine ways to promote “more than just a meal”
- to determine MOW service costs
- to explore service expansion to support client nutrition and engagement
- to understand how to address social isolation, the prevalence of community malnutrition and the opportunity for MOW impact these by being ‘more than just a meal’
- to support current services with skills and knowledge
- to implement reforms which increase social engagement and reduce social isolation
The Cost of Foodservices in Residential Aged Care
There is a real misunderstanding of the true costs of foodservices and this UQ PhD research project is calling for aged care homes to take part in this study. Click on the two links below to find out more.
Aged care – increasing choice to prevent and manage malnutrition
Barriers and enablers for increasing choice and managing malnutrition through modifying the foodservice system
Scientific Review (foodservices search for gaps and data to support project development)
Review of the role of foodservices plays in the prevention and control of chronic disease
Skill development and educational project to build resources and event content
Review of cooking techniques to prevent and control chronic disease.
The Science Behind Fruit Juice
An extensive review of the literature, labelling laws, juice formulation, juice consumption, chronic disease across different life stages.
School Meal Programs across the World
A preliminary examination of the foodservice systems used to provide meals in schools. What systems are used and what health benefits were achieved.