Research is the key to preventing and controlling chronic disease. The NACi believes:
Foodservices is essential in supporting services and promoting research and education to support operations.
Foodservices is in a unique position as education to improve staff skills not only improves care but also impacts communities.
Foodservice is an untapped and novel area currently underdeveloped and therefore is perfectly primed to make large and lasting changes to the prevention and control of chronic diseases.
Foodservice supports the care of a large proportion of the Australian population and the NACi can influence and make inroads to reduce the current rates of chronic disease.
NACi can assist with:
- Food manufacturing research and product development
- Assist with the development of research design and evaluation
- Foodservice system research
- Translating nutrition and foodservice findings in practical application
- Best practice models
- Development of policy, standards and guidelines